Saturday, October 17, 2009

Eden Turns 3 In Colour!

A rainbow Hi-5 party was requested for Eden's third birthday...after she suggested a Magpies party then changed her mind when I said the Magpies probably couldn't come.
Cuddling Muffin McLay (like a bundle of hay...)
Lily wanted to make Eden a screenprinted t-shirt for her birthday - Eden loves it!
Think I remember Lily and Eden posing for a shot like this last year!
Then...party time!
Couldn't find Eden a rainbow outfit, so had to make her one instead!
And because I made Eden something new, Lily's great idea was for me to make her something as well! This was a skirt (which I loved) but have meant to make it into something for the girls for ages, so perfect opportunity!
After facepainting, we did the water balloon competition just as it started raining (after everyone arrived saying what lovely weather we were in for!). Eden was certainly tinny getting her first balloon in!
This was her second one, looks like it's in Fin's mouth!
Mike owed me a favour...so I weighed up getting him to clean the oven (which I'd have to redo!) or playing PAINT THE CLOWN! The kids really got into it!
Cathie joined in too without too much persuasion!
Then I put Mike's most colourful shirt on him...with lollypops taped all over it! The kids had to work hard for a lollypop...and it was still raining a little bit - no-one cared!

Lachie wants to take Honey to Pet Day BEFORE she's had a bath!

The rain then cleared off, perfect timing for food and outside play (as our house can't really cope with that number inside!) Luckily (?!) I'd put 20 layers on pass the parcel which lasted long enough til the rain had gone!

Lachie and Cooper WERE there, I just didn't get enough photos! Will post Leanne's when they appear on facebook! Hope there's one of the leprechaun with the 'gold' present too! (Here it is! Thanks Leanne!)

A great day, would do it all again tomorrow but have to wait now til we have a big (not literally!) school girl in February! (P.S. Mike's not getting a birthday, he's getting a trip to Pearl Jam instead - we all are!)