Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday Party Day!

Long time since Monday, and Eden's been really looking forward to today! Mostly catching up with special people we haven't seen for 3 months! She's been designing and redesigning her cake for months...rainbow, lots of pink, pink flowers, bluebirds, so many ideas...and after smoothing concrete for a day, buttercream rose-swirl icing seemed more fun! 6 layer chocolate cake (but only two batches, and plenty of offcuts that didn't go to waste!) apparently two of the hardest cakey things, graduated colour icing, and peonies...I'm always up for a challenge or two!


I don't think the colours have photographed well, it was more pinky...) Yummy raspberry and white chocolate muffins on the side, with a few decorations to match


I had to do something while watching last nights game! I was soooooo thankful that the All Blacks beat the Wallabies in the semi final, it would have been really hard to have an Aussie themed party the day after and AB bronze final and the day before an Aussie final...yay All Blacks! We didn't take down the 7 All Black flags we have out the front, even though I hung an Australian flag on the gate for the afternoon!


The party had to be moved from the "planned paved party place" to the back porch as we had typical Labour Weekend weather!





Another sparkler 5! (that's all I brought back, now I wish I'd brought heaps back!)


The glorious chorus!


And the part the birthday girl has been waiting for! Eden did a great job of cutting right down one side of the cake!


The pop the balloon game is always fun, harder though in a confined space!


Wahoo, mini chocolate bars all round! And Eden wearing the dress she designed, she really wanted an Australia flag dress (so I bought a large cotton tea towel) but I was worried I would have time to make a dress, so we also went shopping at Myers! I got the dress finished (with a broken bobbin no less, which made it very hard) then she decided she didn't want to wear it...until bike riding time, very hard to wear a maxi dress and ride a bike! So that explained change one, change two was just because Aunty Cathie's been clothes shopping!


Great day, no rain, awesome company, pretty tasty food, if I do say so myself! And now Toby's staying the night, very exciting!

And great news, now I've caught you all up, even blogged TODAY'S photos, TODAY!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad