Friday, July 02, 2010

Shout-outs!

Crazy Daddy-Son time!I've been doing a bit of online shopping lately (beats going out in the cold!) and thought I'd do a bit of advertising for the companies that I've been particularly happy with...
First up is Mike's t-shirt above (and actually Mike bought it, I just told him too!)...it says UNDEFEATED and underneath SOUTH AFRICA 2010. I just wish they made them in Lachie's size too! It's organic fairtrade cotton (not that Mike cares, but the kids and I appreciate it!) from www.micahclothing.co.nz, also good info on fairtrade too.
Next is Cooper's socks. I wanted to find the kids some merino socks especially for snow and ice (i.e. winter sport!) and found these Lamington brand at www.thesleepstore.co.nz. Of course I had to pick black and white! I aslo bought some organic cotton sheets for Kate and Mike's new (as yet un-named) baby girl. 250 thread count!!!
The hoodie that Cooper's wearing further down (with his mohawk) is also organic fairtrade cotton, form www.earthlings.co.nz, not NZ made, and the head hole shrunk a bit in the first wash...but one years olds heads don't grow as fast as their bodies, so it will still fit over his head while it fits the rest of him. I also asked them for a sample of their raspberry red, but unfortunately it's a bit pink for a boy. Love the pukeko design too!
And lastly, to www.simplycolours.co.nz for Cooper's cool "C'MON THE BAY!" t-shirt (worn to Charlotte's party). I still need to take a photo of the back, it says COOPER and a large "1". All set for the pre-season games starting next week!!!! The quality of their stuff is really good.
And I can see Mike's point about what's the point about fairtrade organic; and to be honest I'm definitely not freekishly into it all, but after showing the kids (Lachie and Lily mostly) some pictures and stories about cotton plants, and the people that farm it, and with them being "experts" in organic food (we love Cornocopia!) they picked up the point of fairtrade really easily. It may not make too much impact to the world if I buy organic fairtrade often now, but if I can teach my kids the value of looking after all people in the world and looking after the Earth (and if everyone teaches their kids also) then I'm quite sure it will make a HUGE difference to THEIR futures!
Sorry about the lecture, not really like me I know (haha). Hope I made you think!
♥☺ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!! ☺♥