Monday, March 02, 2009

Pictureless Update...

Thought I'd let you know that we're fine, though still busy! Although as it is now March, things shouldn't be quite as crazy as February was! Well, Lachie's still got a few parties left!
The deck's going really well and is getting lots of use already, finished the ramp, seating, planter boxes (and planted them), sandpit's made, just the lid/ramp to go, almost finished the steps, just a few more hours work and we'll be on to the next project (which might be painting the ceilings or re-designing Lachie's room - or both at the same time!). I installed a door handle on the front door last week (all by myself!), just the right height for the kids to keep the door shut when there are so many flies (and now wasps) around. I also played mechanic that day, replacing the part that makes the petrol flap shut...and none of my facebook friends hastled the fact that I was married to a mechanic that can pass as a builder!

Haven't heard from the insurance company yet, but should this week, they did promise a fast response! Really looking forward to buying a new camera, I would have bought one straight away, except their advice was not to just yet until they've been through the paperwork - imagine if we'd lost something important like a carseat - do they then tell you to go without for a few weeks??? So I haven't taken one photo for weeks - well, not exactly true, I took a phone shot of the topper for Luke's Christening cake, but totally forgot to take one of Aunty Diane's cake (so if anyone has any...please!). Plus, the number of times I've said to the kids, "I wish I had a camera right now"!...

Speaking of cakes, for Children's Day yesterday we decided to make a cake for dessert while Mike did firewood. We'd just read "Rainbow Fish", and with Playcentre having a special morning tea tomorrow for Children's Day the kids and I made cupcakes for that too, and then lots of little rainbow fish, each with a shiny scale and Eden and I have just iced these and put the fish on top. Our "outing" was to the Hastings Farmers' Market, right on breakfast time - if you haven't been, I highly recommend it.

This week is a "normal" week as Mike's on days - his shifts have been really messy lately, so we're going to call this "normal"! So he gets to do some of the running around for swimming lessons and dancing etc., and this week is also school interviews. Looking forward to that. Swimming sports are on Friday and Lachie's really looking forward to the school triathlon and the Bike Jam coming up next month. Lily's very keen to "dance on the stage" again already, but has to wait til the end of the year, and Eden's been getting all her Magpie gear out asking if we can go to the "rubby" - we'll hopefully make it to some Hurricane's matches in the meantime!

Oh, and sad news too - Ralph died (and stunk up the place for a morning before I figured out what the smell was!) but we had just seen a whole lot of different coloured axolotls in Hastings when we bought the trees, so he can be replaced sometime soon. He lasted about 9 years and 5 houses, I don't know if that's how they're meant to last?

That's it, I could go on for ages and ages (you know!) but seeing as I have no photos to "say a thousand words" each, I feel I've had to use words - that will stop once the camera's replaced...
Actually, I can finish with a picture, here's one Lachie drew at school last week - the teacher's loved it and two made a copy for themselves. He even got a certificate on Friday for it (that made two certificates at that assembly!).
Oh, and if I really miss blogging that much, I could put on some of Dad's Christmas photos finally...we'll see!