Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm Alive Again!

It's been over 5 weeks from having our stuff stolen until it all arrived, but it's been the best (slightly belated) birthday ever - and that's got nothing to do with Mike not buying any presents...(but Lachie's card made up for it!)
All the insurance stuff arrived yesterday, so I've had two camera's to play with and learn. With all of the CD's being "full replacement" and many that aren't available anymore plus some we deemed "not as important" as they were before we had kids, we were able to do some swaps and get more useful stuff - like a tv for our bedroom (flasher than the lounge which is a bit weird), freeview box and a universal remote (which is something I can't believe we didn't do before) plus a pile of rechargeable batteries and blank dvd's, plus the cd's we couldn't live without. The kids also got 'Barbie presents Thumberlina' so are pretty content as I write this.

I can get away with a midday movie today becasue Lily's not very well (see photo below) and we've done so much work this morning (I've taken on finishing the deck steps while Mike's at work). We still have to replace the DVD players next shopping trip. And if anyone happens to see "Little Einstein's Firebird Recue" DVD, please let me know where - JB Hi-Fi (at St Luke's deserve a plug for customer service) couldn't get it, but I hope it's still around...oh, and I hope there are no "steelers" reading this - the kids new name for bad people that take stuff that's not theirs).

So as I get excited about my return to the world of manual cameras (with auto functions too so Mike can still use it!) and 10x optical zoom, here's a few pics of how the kids changed in the past few unphotographed weeks...Eden at school after the triathalon (that turned into a duathalon on the day) yesterday... Lachie showing me how he zoomed round the bike course (ready for the Bike Jam in a few weeks)
And Lily (who was at kindy, probably picking up her yucky tummy bug and messy throat yesterday)