Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bike Jam and Mud!

Great day for the Bike Jam in Napier. Usually it's sunny and hot but this year has been quite wet and was still overcast. I was pleased as I was running the 3.2km to make sure Eden was ok ("good" 4 year olds could do it this year, she was sooooo excited!).


Before Lachie's start - the medium course

Lily wanted to ride at the front of the pack...here she's edging her way to the front of the start line, while telling everybody that asked "I'm actually 6" - it's neverending!...the last I saw of her!

Eden all ready too!We were about the middle but I thought I saw Lachie through the trees so slowed down to take photos...took about 6 because each time I pushed the button he disappeared behind a tree! We ended up at the back of the pack, not a bad thing, did I mention I was running!?!?!Bit "Gorilla's in the Mist" but I was hot! Eden attempted the "stunts" (Lachie's word)

Waiting in line to "fly" down the track and through a huge puddle/little river (heard it called both!). Eden did "fly" down the hill, then stopped, probably because she realised the water would have been over her wheels! We went round a shallower part!

Almost at the end now...who's waiting for us? Yay! Lachie and Lily with their medals too!





(Secretly I think I deserved one too!)

Great job guys! You deserve those medals! What awesome fun!
Eden's first Bike Jam medal, well first medal actually!
Lachie's 4th Bike Jam medal, total of 7 now!
Lily's 2nd bike Jam medal, total of 3 now (her ballet one was her first)
MUD! I parked carefully when we arrived, edge of the paddock so I could get out easily. Right by our car grew a large mud track (and mud all over the side of the car too hehe!), took a bit of work and some prayers, but didn't need to bother anyone for a push thankgoodness! Kids might as well enjoy it!