Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Charlotte!

If you know Charlotte, you know how much she's into dancing, particularly highland...and her Mum Jenni gave me free reign on the cake! - I love that! So this is what happened... Colours aren't that flash, it's actually bright pink.
My girls have been really excited about her party (as has the whole dance studio I think!). First a demo by world champion highland dancer Abby-Jane Taylor,
followed by pas de basque lessons (Lily's feet are middle back, Eden's at the back too)
Lots more dancing too! Excellent idea having a venue with a stage!
My girls love each other so much!
Lily had a rather unique dancing style for a while!
Cake time...sorry Jen, I didn't know the candles would do that! Thankfully there were 3 tiers, only two slices left at the end!
Mike and Lachie are at the Aquarium for the night, so Cooper came too and did Cooper-dancing! (Cool t-shirt that I've just bought him...says "Cooper" with a big "1" on the back! And if you can't read it, the front says "c'mon the bay!))

Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm so perfect that I never fail (seriously, is there ANYONE that thinks that!?!?!)...well sometimes I manage to drop things (blasted carpel tunnel still)...and sometimes it's JUST as I'm about to put bits on the cake! (Well it's only happened the once, but I bet it wont be the last time!) Still, things happen for a reason, the second figure I made was way better ☺ And believe it or not, the head survived perfectly even after flying right across the bench, not even a broken hair or smudged lippy!
I've got quite a few cakes to do for July (including a very special one for Mum!), and my first ever two due on one day...both too cool to pass up!
While I'm my striving to NOT become professional (hold on, I don't earn any money from anything else, does that make me professional already???), I do really love doing these, but also love that I have plenty of other things happening to keep me busy - especially 4 kids!