Thursday, July 02, 2009

Late Night Visitor

Mike just came in and said come and see something in the backyard and bring the camera...he had me point it at the two shiny things by the tree and take a photo -
as it flashed I saw it WASN'T a possum, but a real cow with horns and eyelashes and all (excited townie here), I got a pretty big surprise (as had Mike when he was getting firewood). Had to check that it wasn't Phillip's (haha) before ringing animal control. The emergency response man came and got a couple of cold looks (from me and Claire) when he suggested shooting it and leaving it for the morning; but thankfully we all played blue heelers and got it down the drive, down the road, down Phillip's drive and into the back sections. Don't know what they'll do with it now, but since it supposedly fell off a truck it's a pretty lucky cow to just come off with scrapes and bruises (and it did check out the play house before leaving). I still think it's hilarious that when I rang the council and told the woman, her first question was "what colour is it?" - like THAT's the defining information for a situation like this!
Should have got the kids up! They wont believe us in the morning!